Thursday, September 15, 2005

Off Kilter

During February's trip to Disney, one of those things we promised ourselves we'd remember was the name of the unique band we saw in the Canada Pavilion. We were happening by just as they were beginning a set and stayed for the entire thing. In the sun. On the only hot day of the entire trip. Mike and Caedyn danced (and they weren't the only ones). I grinned through the entire performance. We talked about them for the next hour.

We then promptly forgot their name the minute we left central Florida and were kicking ourselves for it. "What was their name?" "I don't know, but it's killing me cuz I really want their cd!" "I know! Me too!"

But, a couple of days ago, (through an event that I intend to tell you about in another entry later today) we were able to snag a second chance at learning - and remembering! - that they were called Off Kilter.

They're like...Celtic rock. Very very cool blend of the two sounds.

And they wear kilts. :)

The site has music samples, and I must reccomend that if you clickie on nothing else, you must click on Danny Boy. Coolest version of that song I've ever heard.

4 comments:

ktbuffy said...

If you like Celtic rock, I cannot recommend highly enough a couple of my favorites (and, ok, personal friends):

The Fenians, The Prodigals, and The McCabes.

Lela said...

I hadn't even *heard* of it before! We're standing there listening and it's like that old Reeses commercial...chocolate...peanut butter...chocolate...peanut butter...
Two kinds of music I love...but...combined! :)

And I will check out your friends!

ktbuffy said...

Oh, it's good stuff. Good, good stuff.

I used to work in an Irish music bar in NYC, which is where I met a bunch of the guys -- or rather, I should rephrase that, I started working there because I used to be there all the time listening to music. I'm even -- though tiny -- pictured on the cover of one of the McCabes' CDs.

Lela said...

That's so cool!