Friday, June 24, 2005

Serenity pre-screening was last night!

So! We made it to the pre-screening in spite of flash flood warnings and pretty much what amounted to torrents of rain for something like the 22nd day in a row. The theater was damned near full (there were a few scattered empty seats due to the rain thing), and the crowd roared like crazy when they finally said we were gonna get started. I was on the phone with Doyce by this time because my fingers could NOT type text messages fast enough, I was so excited.

And then...Gina Torres showed up to say hi!!!! OMFG! We were screaming! Mike, Mom, and I had gotten there later than I wanted and had ended up sitting in the third row - something I bemoaned until this moment. I was on the end of the row, so she walked right by me - close enough to reach out and touch (not that I did, because I really didn't want to be tackled by a half dozen security guards). She told us she'd be signing some things for when we were done, reminded us to get out there and get buzz going for the movie, and a bunch of people in the back yelled as she was walking out to ask if she was going to a con in Georgia. She stopped, asked what the date was, thought for a second and then told them she'd be there. Just as pretty in person. Wish I could've taken a picture (but, again, not into being tackled by security guards - they weren't allowing photos at all).

The movie was fantastic! Kudos to Joss Whedon and his ability to totally blow me away. Everyone was so awesome in this film. I was literally glued to my seat. There were moments where I was squeezing the hell out of Mike's hand, wincing, damned near hyper-ventilating. And I can't write what happened, cuz I don't want to spoil it for anyone else...And it's killing me!

So, as we walked out, we got keychains, these (signed by Gina Torres as promised), and no one could stop talking about it! Everyone was stoked! They were doing interviews on camera asking people how they liked the movie (Mike did it, but I'm camera shy), and I swear that amped atmosphere followed us out of the theater and all the way to the van.

Needless to say, I am as ever proud to be a Browncoat. :)

No comments: