Tuesday, December 12, 2006

The Good, the Bad, and that Ugly stuff...

So, yesterday, as I was driving Caedyn back from picking him up at school, the crossing guard makes this funky gesture at me. (I used to walk Caedyn home from school in the pre-car days, so we're familiar faces to each other.) I pull over, and she tells me that my right front tire is wobbling. No problem! I know this really good, very honest mechanic.

So, I tell Mikey, and he says to bring it in this morning, which I do.

The Ugly: Tie rods are bad. I'm stuck at Sears for 5 hours while they're replaced.

Soooo...he says to go look around inside, maybe buy a couple of things I've been needing.

The Bad: Sitting in Mike's van for 2 hours while I wait after realizing just how suck Sears is for clothes that aren't fugly and over-priced. (I know, I know. I'm a bad Sears employee wife for that, probably, but I'll tell anyone to take their cars there. Just don't wear any of their clothes unless you're working with blind people.) :(

The Good!: I got to have lunch with my husband at work. :)
The weather was nice and breezy and not hot in spite of the humidity and occassional showeriness.
Isotoner slippers. I think my feet cried in happiness when I put them on.

So, Yay! The car's fixed before something terrible happened! I gotta get that crossing guard a thank you card. :)

No comments: