When you first log in, you get a temp power to keep and one to give away. The keeper is debt protection, which turned out to be more like debt reduction, but still very cool! The give-away is used by clicking on another character, and then, they have a little temp power on their power tray to click which activates a cute little animation of them opening a present (which, sadly, I forgot to capture), and they get 250 infamy/influence. You also get a badge and ear muffs (available at the tailor). We honestly weren't too thrilled with the ear muffs since there are some clipping issues that make them look a bit sloppy on the long hair styles.
Still, Mike put them on his character, Dark Rapture. I was on Nysorm Death, and after previewing them at the tailor, decided the clipping made them not an option.
Then, we ran over to the Pocket to check out the Ski Chalet, which we decided was probably the coolest part of the whole thing. If you look out the window from the dance floor, you get to see it, which...I dunno. I just liked that you could. It's like the first time you looked out there to see the floating truck (which has a badge on it if you can get over to it, by the way!). :)
Once you get over there, you can slide down snowy slopes "skiing" which is just too cool. We must have just run around giggling for half an hour, and I totally forgot I was supposed to grab screenies until I got to the upper deck lounge.
We did manage to find this, though. :)
Then, it was off to find Father Time, who told us that Baby New Year had been kidnapped by that dastardly villain, Snaptooth (who turns out to be an Elite Boss the first time around this time).
Unlike the Valentine missions, this was actually a lot of fun. You start out with an outdoor map, and you have to find the Guardian winter lord who has the key to the cave you need to go to for the rescue. The lakes are frozen, and you slide all over the place in half the fights which also had us giggling like little kids, and the ice caves just looked so cool! Once you get into it, however, there's no map, which...kinda annoying. Took us a few minutes to figure out how to find Baby New Year who is not in the big circular multi-level cavern in the center, thank goodness.
Oh, and Baby New Year is fugly.
The trippy part...you get to pick from four mission rewards: Santa boots, Santa gloves, a temp self-rez power, or a temp hold power. Each one comes with a different badge, and you can choose from the list each time you complete the mission. :)
First time around, Mike grabbed the gloves and I grabbed the boots, then we ran like mad for the tailor to try 'em on!
Okkies, that's all the screenies I grabbed. I hope this wasn't too spoilerish, but we had such a great time, I just wanted to share it. I'm not clear on when this hits Live, but it's worth checking out when it does. :)

2 comments:
*grumbles at the map bug still being present*
Thanks for sharing! :)
Post a Comment